This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- The Badger Kick-Off Classic (BKOC) is an open show.
- All out-of-state cattle must present health papers meeting Wisconsin import requirements prior to unloading. See the Health Regulations panel for more information.
- For biosecurity reasons, stalling will be ASSIGNED upon arrival to the show. All health papers for out-of-state animals will be checked at this time.
- Electrical power is limited; we encourage the use of generators. The Alliant Energy Center is subject to inspection by City of Madison fire marshals. Generators and propane heaters are not permitted inside the barns.
- Pre-entries $75/head are due by November 26 at 11:59 PM. Day of entries will be $120. All entries are non-refundable. No entries will be accepted without entry fees and signed release of liability forms for each exhibitor.
- WE WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING CHECKS. ALL PRE-ENTRIES MUST USE THE CREDIT CARD SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THE PROGRAM AND PAYMENTS MADE AT THE SHOW MUST BE MADE WITH CREDIT CARD OR CASH.
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison Saddle & Sirloin Club and its affiliates are not liable for any accidents that occur. All exhibitors must sign a release of liability form.
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison Saddle & Sirloin Club and show management reserve the right to interpret and mandate rules as needed.
- Registration ends at 8 am on December 7. Breeds that are scheduled to show on Saturday, December 7th must be checked in Friday, December 6th.
- Junior showmanship is open to all youth ages 8-21 as of January 1, 2019. Showmanship registration will take place during check-in. Showmanship will cost $5 dollars per youth and must be signed up by 9 PM on Friday.
- No bedding is provided or available on grounds. BKOC staff suggest exhibitors use bark or shavings.
- Stalling will be assigned upon arrival to the show, unless otherwise discussed (ex: sponsorship).
- BKOC staff reserve the right to cut tack space if needed. No crock pots are permitted in the barns.
- Exhibitors may not utilize buildings or facilities on the Alliant Energy Center not open for the Badger Kick-Off Classic.
- Ten (10) head are required to maintain a breed division. If there are not twelve animals present of a particular breed, the animals will show in the Any Other Breed division (AOB). If there are not twelve head present in the market heifer division, the animals will show in the crossbred steer division.
- Breed for steers and market heifers will be declared, and will be required to weigh-in for class designations. NO REGISTRATION PAPERS OR BILL OF SALE ARE NEEDED FOR MARKET ANIMALS.
- Low percentage classes will be assigned for breeding heifers if there are twelve head entered. Papered percentage animals will show as a percentage animal, not as a purebred (i.e., purebred Simmental and Low Percentage Simmental will not show together).
- Heifers may show as either a market heifer or as a breeding heifer, but not both.
- Animals may only go through the check- in chute one time. Please have all paperwork prepared prior to bringing your animal to registration.
- Registered heifers will be shown by breed and age.
- Commercial heifers will be shown by weight.
- Commercial heifers: There will be division champions selected between classes due to the large number of classes in this category. BKOC staff will decide division cut-offs. No pay outs will be rewarded for division champions, only in overall selection of commercial heifers.
- Original or breed association duplicate registration papers are required for breed heifers. Faxed copies will be accepted, however a fax machine is not available on the grounds.
- Heifers must be born on or after September 1, 2018.
- Registered breed heifers will check in by verifying age and breed with papers only. Do NOT bring the animal up for check-in.
- Breeding heifers without registration papers may be entered in the commercial heifer class and will be required to weigh-in for class designations.
Market Animal Rules
- Steers will be shown by breed and weight. Market heifers will be shown as one breed and by weight.
- Market Animal Classes: There will be division champions selected between classes due to the large number of classes in the Crossbred category. BKOC staff will decide division cut-offs. No pay outs for division champions, only in overall selection of the market animals.
- Breed for market animals will be declared by the exhibitor at check-in. If no breed is declared, it will show in the crossbred division. NO REGISTRATION PAPERS OR BILL OF SALE ARE NEEDED FOR STEERS OR MARKET HEIFERS.
- Steers and market heifers must be born on or after January 1, 2019.
Registration papers must match the animal’s tattoo, and not necessarily the exhibitor or farm name. BKOC staff reserves the right to vertify tattoo per registration. There will not be a on-site location to look-up registration numbers and pedigree information.
Bedding and Show Supplies
Saddle and Sirloin will be selling bark bedding for the show this year. Bark will be $5 a yard, and will be delivered to your stall. The average amount needed for an animal is about .5-1 yard.
To Pre-Order: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the amount you would like.
To Order at show: There will be a table by the main office, you will need to bring your stalling map that you receive at check-in and the amount of bark you would like.
We are selling a limited quantity at the show, so the only way to guarantee a quantity is to pre-order.
Payment will be accepted in the form of CASH and VENMO ONLY.
Kegley Show Supplies will not be selling shavings this year, so please plan accordingly. They will still be supplying feed.
Kegley Show Supplies 262-470-7931 262-642-5283
Other vendors that will be there for last-minute show preparation include Profiles and Pro-Fit, both great for fitting and grooming supplies!